Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 13 - WTC Countdown July 12

CAMP DAY 3

Everyone woke up late, the first rose at 7.00am, we are supposed to be at the pool and in the water in 60 minutes. So they must have been tired which is what we hoped for but done safely for them. My back started to really hurt, and I really don't complain about back pain unless it is severe

So feed, and back on the bikes, very cold this morning onthe bikes 4°C, and into the pool finally in the water at 8.20am. Today, after working on endurance swimming for most sets of 300m repeats, I made 1 big lane and got a a couple of make shift buoys and got them to swim laps, like a running track. Practicing swimming around, over, through and catching the feet of swimmers passing them. Once done in the pool, out for some running drills, nothing too strenuous, but quite specific. It was great having 3 of us for 9 kids. Each of us with our own strengths with running and able to brake off into groups. Back to the house at 10.30 again for 2nd Breakfast.

After lunch we took them out for a small hill and undulating area of Otaki. Hard enough for all the abilities of the kids, with the older ones doing repeats up the small hill. Again a few complaints about sore/tired legs, but early dinner and a movie definitely helped out.

TED is brilliant!!! and the only bad thing, the older kids went to sleep finally at 1.30am. I'm a bit tired but still having a good time. Being around so many people, I don't have time to have my head full of my own junk and issues, so I'm still having good time, even without medication.

I hope we get good weather like we have the last 2 days for our last day.

No comments: