Friday, March 09, 2012

Post Ironman March 5 - 9

March 5
Monday means only 5 days until my next challenge ahead of me. World Age Group Selection race. I believe I need to post a 2:15:00 time or better to ensure my selection, the challenge though will be to make sure I finish no worse than 10th in my age group. This is when I start to play things over in my head a little too much.
My left foot has a pain in it that wasn't there when I went to sleep last night and it's not jut an ache either, so I am a little worried about that. Thankfully I took this week off of work so I can gear myself up for Saturday's race, and chill out too. I spent the day doing a little bit of cleaning up and a little too much NHL12 on the PS3. Oh well, always tomorrow.
I went for a light jog with Jane and her Triathlon group from school at lunch and my legs & foot felt not too bad considering what I did the day before. In the evening, we have the Tri Committee meeting, so nothing too physically demanding today.

March 6
Pottered around the house and again wasted a few hours on the PS3. Meet Jane and her school squad for a jog down the water front. Nothing too strenuous and my foot aches but isn't limited in movement, and some bruising coming up.
With IM done and behind me, not actually achieving much so far this week, am I prone to slipping into bad habits and regressing into a depressed mode? I know that with the race coming up this weekend, I have a little bit of forward sight to keep me on the right path, but will it be enough after that race?

We had coaching in the evening, great bunch of kids, nothing too serious as College sport race is on Thursday. I hope the weather holds for them.

March 7
Spent the morning advancing my NHL career again. Damn, I so awesome. I wish my VR contract was real.
Meet Jane and her school squad at Thorndon Pool at lunchtime. A couple of new faces for me, and coached them in the water on their technique a bit, nothing too much. Swam afterwards for a hit out to loosen up from the weekend. Still a little tired but not too bad.
Much better weather today and the kids could have raced today. Damn Wellington Autumn weather!

March 8
Weather turned rubbish today and College Sport Triathlon was cancelled. Poor kids. I was also disappointed I couldn't watch them compete. Hopefully they reschedule the race on a day I have off of work so I can watch/coach.
So with the what was supposed to be a race day, we rescheduled the training for the kids to be at Karori Pool, and made them do a hard session instead of a relaxed session. They did all seem to like the hard hit out, and I joined in for one last smash it session before the weekend.

March 9
I actually did some yard work, mowing lawns, weed spraying in the morning. Big brownie points for me. In the afternoon I hauled the bike racks to Te Papa and set those up and got most of the first load done before others were able to meet me to help with the rest. Thanks to Jane, Matt, Georgina, Claire, Jay and we got the last of the racks smashed out in triple time.
Time to psych up for tomorrow's race. I need to go faster than last year and hopefully anyone who finishes in front, already have a spot in the team. Such a competitive race now.
Good luck everyone!

No comments: