Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 16 - WTC Countdown July 15

Sunday!!! Awesome!!!


Last day off of my 6 day stretch, pity the wind and rain has come. Oh well, stay in bed until 11am. NICE!!!


So with this being 99 days until my race, I have not been doing anywhere near the quantity, or anywhere close to quality of training, to in any kind of real race shape. The more I really think about it, my mood drops, and those dark edges of depression nibble away. I look at the scale and my weight is not decreasing, but I have to really be honest, have I done anything to change?


So how do I deal with these times;


  • If things aren't going too well
  1. I tend to sit around and try to do something that puts me in a false reality,
    1. play PS3.
    2. watch TV, movies, or sports.
  2. I tend to get irritable easily,
  3. I tend to easily distracted,
  4. Stay up really late,
  5. Feel quite tired and/or sore every morning,
  6. Wake up late,
  7. Eat poorly,
  8. Money/budgets really, really troubles me,
  9. Have little patience for things I don't like,
  • If things are going well
  1. I occasionally play PS3 but do not look for every chance to turn it on,
  2. Get to bed early,
  3. Feel rested when I wake,
  4. Aches and pain don't bother me,
  5. I get my gear ready for training early,
  6. I look forward to training,
  7. Eat really well,
  8. Do the small things really well that help with work, family, training,
  9. Enjoy watching programs that normally annoy me,
  10. Tend to do training 2 times each day, 3-4 hours exercise per day,
  11. My weight doesn't get me depressed.
I would have to say I would mostly be in the top section of these lists I have just written at present, say 65%-35% not that great in an overall outlook, but at least I can recognise my faults.

(I am writing this on the 21st so the changes I will be making won't be taking place and showing in how behave, won't start to materialise until the 22nd at least)

No comments: