Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2012 wrap up. 2013 prospects.

I'm looking back at my year and evaluating how I did. What were my highlights and what were my lowlights.

HIGHLIGHTS
I have been employed throughout the whole year at a very good job.
I didn't have any crippling injuries.
My health is fairly good.
I have a great family.
I got a personal best Olympic distance triathlon time and broke the 2:10:00 mark.
I got my 4th ironman finishers medal.
I represented my country for sport at a world championship event.
I have been making improvements with my depression and anger problems.
I've managed to get 2 sponsors for my triathlon coaching.

LOWLIGHTS
The biggest one that comes to mind is my prolonged left foot problems, which has led to a lack of any real training and a suppressed outlook on everyday things and motivation.
The big fights and arguments with Jane and Alex.
The lack of interaction my family seems to want with each other.
The guilt I carry around over things I had no control over.
My lack of training and weight gain.

So here is my to do list and what I really need to do this year.

Force myself to exercise more regularly and do more than the minimum.
Eat smaller amounts.
Make a conscious effort to finish coaching cert.
Be less selfish and more patient.
Take some time to enjoy the small things.
Listen.
Be a better man and partner.
Spend less time playing on my gadgets and more time with Jane.

So 2013. My 40th year. Time to be great!

No comments: