Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The comeback continues 5th June 2013

How to take back control of things when you feel life is spinning out of control? Make a decision, commit to it and remember not every day will be a success, but remembering that if you have more successful days than not so successful days, you are on the winning path to being on top of your depression.

I made a decision to make a comeback, and I feel that since making the decision, feeling I have a purpose, things don't bother me as much again. I have been forgetting to take my medication, but you know what, I feel like I don't need them to take my anxiety away. I will have to monitor my moods going forward to make sure I treat those close to me don't suffer.

I have started  my baseline testing, with a 2km swimming TT today, 30 min 15 secs. Watch out 40-44 year olds. Not bad for a starting off point, only about 30 secs off my PB in 2010. Seems the coaching brain and advancing the knowledge of technique helps in the water, pity it won't carry across to the bike and run as much. I have got new shoes coming which will help to lesson the impact on my tender feet while running. Consistent training is the key.

I have weighed myself, an embarrassing 98kgs, that will come down by doing everything I have done before, by being more disciplined that I have the last few years with my physical health will also be my mental saviour. So my way forward is a gentle build, stay injury free as much as possible, keep on top of the niggles and treat them before they become injuries.

A big thanks to my sponsors iRdie and Rocktape NZ and not to mention TEAM MONZA Triathlon Coaching

No comments: