Monday, December 05, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 50 Dec 4 Wellington Sprint Champs

Club spint champs!

First up in the house to get things organised for the 3 of us to race this morning. Still trying to convince Jane not to swim at least. Alex is getting a little nervous. I don't seem to get the prerace nerves like others. Will need to catch up with our youth squad when we get to the race too.

So Jane didn't swim after talking to one of the sports doctors which was a relief. She did a duathlon instead which is a run bike run.

So a sprint race is a 750m swim 20km bike 5km run. Swim was decent but nothing spectacula, got to my bike and had this big smile waiting for me as Alex was getting her bike hear on! She did the 500m swim and started after the men too. So that was a bit of fun. Got onto the bike and caught my target Matt Berg in the first 500m so that was a good gauge my swim was fairly good. I pushed the bike hard and with the wind playing a part today it suits my style of cycling versus my competitors. Got to the bike turn and started counting off those in front, 5! Tried to put the hammer down on the way home and picked up another spot at least. Got onto the run and legs felt tight and slow. That run yesterday caused that, but this is a fast training session after all. I didn't get passed until nearly 2km into the run. Started counting those coming back. 6th but definitely 1 team so 5th and that meant 3rd after the bike. Cool! Tried to keep a good pace the whole way got into a good run battle in the last 500m and held that spot finished in 7th overall and 5th in open men. One more season before I become a vet. Ha ha old man! So good day at the office. Had to quickly get to work so couldn't hang around long after. Watched the girls come in and they both went really well! Jane still wanted to do the swim. She's funny.

Work again was manic. I did however made sure I took my pills. 2 days without them might be a problem if I'm not careful. I do need to get my new prescription picked up too.

Everyone tired tonight. Jane disappointed with the provisional times on the website tonight. I can't handle that. Got grumpy with her as she kept ranting about it. Went to bed early after helping sort out Alex's hear for her overnight tramp tomorrow.

No comments: