Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 55 Dec 9

Once I dropped Jane off at school, Alex and I sorted the car and gear out then did the last household chores so we could head to Taupo and to glory!

Finally got out of town just before 1pm and got to Taupo without any family road trip squabbles just before 5.30pm and straight to registration. Dumped into John Hancock and family, plus a few others from Wellywood. We all got a race pack each and the expo was a little lame so didn't feel I wanted to buy anything. Pity.

Got to De Brett's and unpacked the car then grabbed some dinner. The town was reasonably busy and nice a warm. Hope the weather holds out for tomorrow. I am noticing that I do seem to let things not wind me up like they were last week, I just need to be sure the pills aren't making me feel lethargic though.

I can tell Alex is getting nervous about her swim and also there is the childish excitement for her birthday on Sunday. Jane did give her her new wetsuit for the swim tomorrow, her first present and thank god it fits her and she likes it!! Double score. Hopefully it will inspire her to a fast swim.

TEAM MONZA ready for action tomorrow morning 6.40am

No comments: