Monday, December 12, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 57 Dec 11

Alex' Birthday!!!

We started off waking slowly and all aching a bit until the big child of 15 got alert enough to wake us properly. No matter how old a teen gets, they still regress to a child when opening presents. So after the initial excitement of the birthday morning, we got packed and headed out of the cabin and to the hot spring spa...pure relaxation in the mineral pools and early enough, not too many people there. Some slow bodies about after the race yesterday. Jane's leg is very sore and she is limping quite bad, I hope it's not a bad injury.

As the day wears on, I am beginning to notice that the change in medication is allowing me to laugh off the small things a lot easier. Some of the minor things that would normally irritate me just don't. I do believe this is a better pill for me to be on mentally, but I hope the drowsiness is due to the cold I have been carrying though and not the pills.

Once back done there, into town for Alex to do some shopping and lunch, then off home. A none eventful road trip home, with the body stiffening up a bit being seated for 5 hours but all ok. Greeted at home by the cat who looks lonely.

No comments: