Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 70 Dec 24

Half way point. 10 weeks down, 10 to go. Have I got enough base in? Will I be ready in time?

Christmas Eve. I can't wait until 5pm then I can enjoy Christmas with the girls. We got up and got to the pool for Alex's last swim before a mini break. Got in a good hard swim set and started to feel ok in the water again. My fitness is good, definitely good enough to complete any event I want to do at present, but to race one well?

After the swim I attempted to run to work, to get a good 2 1/2 - 3 hour set before work. Legs died and I probably did not eat nearly enough food for the effort I put in this morning. It's going to be a long day at work now.

After getting some energy back, work went by fairly quickly. The girls picked me up and we headed home to get ready for our Christmas Eve tradition. After a BBQ for dinner we settled in for a 2 traditional movies, had a Skype call from England and slept in the lounge. Good times!

No comments: