Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 74 Dec 28

Last night I spent ages trying to sort my Time Trial bike out. I think SRAM shifters and Dura-Ace rear derailleur are not compatible. I will do a complete overhaul of the componetry when I get the chance.

I rode to work again and really pushed it hard on the road bike. I'm wondering if the ride at Taupo Half took more out of my legs than I realised. Anyway, why complain, no one listens/cares too much. I remember a time when I would have wished that my biggest problem was fatigue in my legs.

Looking back to where I was half way through this year, everything was a problem. How I was getting to work, where money was, what was I going to eat, saying something that would upset someone, not exercising, weight, just about everything. All I wanted to do was hide away and not get interrupted while I tried to hide away from all of my problems. I tried to do things that kept my brain active and didn't require too much though.  The best place was playing games, either on PS3 or PC but this wasted a lot of time and nothing else ever got achieved. It also kept me away from spending time with my family, putting a lot of stress on the relationship and whenever it was spoken about, I would get so angry and it would be horrible. Life is much better now than back then.

We are much healthier and happier. We do still have moments, but they are nothing like they used to be.

Jane rode to meet me after work and ride around the bays to home which was a bit on the hard side with my backpack on and Jane tried dropping me on the hills. It was fun but I didn't have enough food to do a quality ride as I did get tired at the end. I do need to plan things a lot better than doing things on the hop.

No comments: