Friday, December 30, 2011

Ironman Prep Day 75 Dec 29

Spent last night actually getting my TT bike sorted. I was right, SRAM and Shimano don't mix. Got my SRAM derailleur back on the bike and straight away it worked. 4 hours of mucking around. Adjusted everything and ready for the bike check at Avanti Plus on my way to work. Except they weren't open as I rode to work. Still the bike felt really good with the borrowed race wheels from Mr Matthew Berg (BIG THANKS)!!

Jane picked my bike up midday and took it to the shop for it's check and sticker. all set now for Tuaranga Half as far as equipment goes. I'm starting to get excited and nervous now. I got to do a bit of freshening up between now and then, just 9 days to go!!

Jane collected me from work and dropped me off at the massage place for a deep tissue massage. I caught myself snoring twice HE HE soooo good. Legs feel better but not completely flushed out. Will have to invest a bit on a few sports massages before Ironman.

Met the girls at the pool and headed home nice and relaxed and had a nice family meal together. I know I keep saying this, but family life is really good right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a pleasure Woz