Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Ironman Prep Day 79 Jan 2

Today we started at 4am to head for Whangamata to do the sprint race in the Contact series as a lead in to the half on the weekend. After packing the last of our stuff and patching up Alex after falling in the dark we left about 4.40am. A real calm morning and no traffic for driving and the girls slept until about 7.

Alex has a friend to keep her company this week and the 4 of us actually made our way north. No dramas in the car and arrived in Whangamata about 1. Not bad in holiday traffic. After meeting up with our friends we registered and sorted our stuff out. I'm a little worried still about my calf.

Back to the house and out to ride the bike course. This will be the first time I will have done this race and the 4th time here. I'm actually looking forward to it. Back to the house again and it feels really late but only 4pm. I'm so tired. Dinner then tweaking 3 bikes.

At about 8 the room started spinning. I feel terrible. I tried to pack up ready for the morning but started feeling worse. Ended up going to bed with a bad headache. Hope it doesn't affect me in the race.

No comments: