Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ironman Prep Day 86 Jan 9

I woke early ready to fly home back to work, but Jane was still suffering from the race and wasn't sure she could drive home today. I had to take a day off work and sacrifice the plane ticket and made sure Jane would get home safe. Once that was sorted, we took Alex to meet her swim squad at the arrivals.

The only word from the coach this week was to rest and recover properly before getting back into training plus get my leg checked out.

Once Alex was all sorted out and we got some Dunkin' Dounuts for the trip home, we headed South. Still in a really good space even though I have run out of pills now. That timed really well, but I don't feel anxious about not having any more on hand.

I remember these road trips in the past, Jane and I would have arguments over many differing subjects, and they would ruin the whole drive. Being in the car together for 10 or so hours, I used to begin dreading it because they weren't always a great experience. Nowadays things don't get to that point. I don't react like I used to. I do think it is me changing rather than Jane as I feel she hasn't changed too much and still says things that I don't like, I just don't react like I used to. Big tick for me!

We finally got home about 7pm and unloaded, found our kitty cat who had obviously missed us, so Alex will be happy she is safe. I need to sort our my gear and Matt's wheels and get those back to him. I really appreciated the loan of those wheels. They were great.

It's good to have friends!

No comments: