Friday, June 29, 2012

World Triathlon Champs Countdown

So with 115 Days until I race the World Triathlon Champs, I will begin another countdown blog. Hopefully being accountable to charting my progress, it is a helpful tool to address a lot of my failings of late. I have not been very disciplined in many areas that affect my overall mood and outlook, so hopefully I begin moving forward and into a better place physically and especially mentally.

So tonight I make a note that my weight has gone up to 100kg, and I love love to race at 85kg in October, get at least 2 hours training done a day.

The one area I have been fairly good of late is swimming. My cycling is ok but much work needs to be done to be able to ride the course well. Running has been an issue for me since Ironman (70.3) back in March, as my foot has not healed since the half marathon. There is no structural damage, which is the good news, but it definitely not 100%. Even with my extra weight, injury, I have been seeing help for it and addressing some of my flaws in my technique and feel better already.

So that is where I am at for now, and completion of the race is not the issue, just speed and attitude.

Tomorrow morning, DAY 1 (114 days and counting)

No comments: