Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Day 5 - WTC Countdown July 4

Woke up and we have a great location for the World Triathlon Champs in October.


Race Swim Venue
Swim course is behind the Rabobank building, so perfect spot. Hope we get a room on the same side and that would be awesome.

We got out the door and took Alex around the 5km run course. The surfaces felt quite slippery today, which we did not experience last time in November. Alex is a lot more confident about her run now that she has been around the course.

Home Stretch of the Run
Back to the room and out for the afternoon, good weather and decent temperature and really enjoyed being out with my girls.

Out in the Viaduct
We were on our feet all day, going around Auckland shopping area, not spending much, and hanging around unit we got to to IMax theatre to watch "The Amazing Spiderman" in 3D.

AWESOME!!!

Even though I haven't had any anti depressants for about 5 days now, fatigue and normal stresses, I haven't had a freak out and my outlook is still very positive. I think it's about my attitude and a realisation about myself more so than anything else. It might be cheesy, but I heard a line from a movie about a week ago and I'm trying to accept it more. It is a bit cheesy, but it seems to be working so far.

Bruce Banner "Do you want to know my secret how I keep the monster in check? The secret is....I am always angry!!" - The Avengers

Instead of fighting my angry moods and depression, I am embracing that those traits are a part of me, and learn to keep them in check or even change the responses when those emotions are provoked. Hope to keep the good attitude as I go forward. Time will tell!

No comments: